How to boot on Windows 8 installation disk from USB stick
Nowadays, CD/DVDs are less used and are going to disappear in the following years. USB will replace CD/DVD era. Just for example, newest iMacs and Macbook Air from Apple don’t have any CD/DVD reader. Thats is why, you will need to know how to create a Windows 8 Boot USB disk or any other OS USB bootable.
What you need
– Empty USB drive
– Windows 8 ISO image (can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website)
- Windows 7 USB DVD Tool : Download here.
– Windows 7 USB DVD tool ( from microsoft )
Create a Windows 8 Boot USB disk
1. Install Windows 7 USB DVD tool.
2. Run Windows 7 USB DVD tool from your start menu.
3. Select & browse to your Windows 8 ISO image.
4. Select ‘USB Device’ on media type screen.
5. Insert USB Drive in your computer.
6. Select USB Drive letter. You can click on ‘Refresh’ if it’s not listed it should take a few seconds to display.
7. Click on ‘Begin copying’.
8. Wait several minutes while you Windows 8 Boot USB Disk is being created.
Windows 8 Boot USB Disk is now created. You can now select to boot from USB device on your new computer’s BIOS and make Windows 8 installation from USB Drives.