Since Windows 8 has been released there is a lot of complain about its design. Microsoft decided to work on a patch (kind of Service Pack-like) and released Windows 8.1 for free to everyone who own a genuine license. Windows 8.1 is better than 8.0, Microsoft claim they bring back ‘Start Menu’ which is half the case since there is a start button but it bring you back to the metro screen. Today we will show you how to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 step-by-step for free.
Here are most popular features of Windows 8.1
- Return of start button.
- Ability to boot straight to desktop (no metro interface).
- Improved search.
- Better SkyDrive integration.
- Miracast streaming enabled.
How to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 8.1
1. From top right corner, select search icon.
2. Search for ‘store’ and click on store’s green icon.
3. In store application you will see a big button saying ‘Update to Windows 8.1 for free’. Click on it.
4. Agree to download ‘Windows 8.1 PRO’ by clicking ‘Download’ button again.
5. Sit back and relax, Windows 8.1 is now dowloading it may take a while, let it finish. You computer will automatically reboot.
6. After reboot, Windows 8.1 will automatically install itself.
Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 upgrade is as easy as pie. Just follow previous simple steps and you will run Windows 8.1 without any problems. Always check your drivers as some of them may need to be re-installed or upgraded. Please verify with your computer’s brand.