More and more people do cut the cable subscription and select online TV solution such as Netflix. One problem remain is that there are blackout or restriction on programs depending in what area you are in. Today, we will teach you how to unblock Netflix from Canada. Note that this tutorial also work for any country in the world, the only thing you need to change is to select a different country DNS ip (you will see it later in this tutorial).
What do you need
Note that the following services are PAID services. Although, you can subscribe to as many trial accounts as you want and it takes 1 minute, so if you do not want to pay, always subscribe to trial accounts.
– Unotelly Account ( www.unotelly.com )
How to do it with Unotelly
1. First of all, you need to get a free account on Unotelly.com, go there an click on ‘trial’.
2. As soon as you have your account, click ‘next’ to setup.
3. Browse to the following URL : http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/global
4. Scroll down and copy an IP address from a different country than yours. For example if you are in Canada, select a USA IP.
5. Change your IP setting (DNS only) to that specific address. See below on how to do it (Mac OS X and Windows 7 instructions included).
6. Browse to NetFlix and use your current account. You should now have more selection to watch and no more blackout restriction.
How to change your DNS Settings
On Mac OS X
1. Select ‘System Preferences’.
2. Click on ‘Network’.
3. Select your current active internet connection and click on ‘advanced’.
4. Select ‘DNS’ tab and paste previously copied IP address.
On Windows 7
1. From ‘Control Panel’ select ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
2. On the left pane, select ‘Change adapter settings’.
3. Right-click and select ‘properties’ on your active internet connection.
4. Double click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4′.
5. Select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:’. And paste previously copied IP address.