To setup the java environment in your PC, firstly you need to install Java 1.7 & 1.8 versions. To install java in your PC here are the following ways in different operating system.
Windows XP,7 & 8
In windows platform you need to be firstly download the java from this link (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html). Once you download the java from this link.
Then install that application into your operating system.
In windows platform after the installation of java we need to set up the path of the java, to set the path here are the some steps to set it.
- Open your my computer and go to your C Drive, open it
- There is folder name of program files open it.
- Then open java folder and after that open JDK folder.
- Copy the address path from below title bar, it’s shows in figure.
- Now copy the address and minimize it, then right click on my computer and open its Properties.
- Now select the Advance settings open it you will that there is option of the Environment Variables.
- After open Environment Variables now go to system variable and select on new and enter the following things.
Variable Name è JAVA_HOME
Variable Value è Paste that address of java which you previously copied from java folder.
Press ok and minimize it.
- Again open Java folder, jdk and open bin folder, same as again copy the address of bin.
- Open the minimize Environment Variables folder and set these value as follows.
Variable Name è Path
Variable Value è Paste here the address path of java and click ok, for ex: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_21\bin).
- For make sure java is running or not in your PC, open Command prompt.
- Write java or javac and press enter. You will see multiple of files in java that shows java is running in your PC.