In this tutorial, we will be going to show you how to jailbreak iOS 7. Remember, this tutorial works for any device iPod, iPhone, iPad and iPad mini that has iOS 7 installed in it. There are a lot of tutorials out there that show different techniques on how to jailbreak your device, but the method that we will be going to show you is legit and we have Jailbreaked our own iOS devices using it. We will be using evasi0n7 jailbreak tool in this tutorial
Things you need
Before you proceed, you must have the following things in place to get this done
- iTunes latest version
- Evasi0n7 Jailbreak Software (Download)
- Minimum OS Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.7
- USB cable
- Device running on iOS 7 through iOS 7.0.5
Before you being the Jailbreak iOS 7 process, you must backup your device just in case something goes wrong. If you have a passcode set on your device, remove it and enable it again after Jailbreak.
- Once you have downloaded the Evasi0n7 software. Install it on your system. Close all other applications that you are working on till the whole Jailbreak iOS 7 process is done.
- After the software is successfully installed, connect your iOS 7 device to the PC via USB cable. Remember to use the back USB ports for connection has sometimes the front USB hubs create different sorts of issues with it.
- Open Evasi0n7 software, click on Jailbreak button and let it finish its job.
- During the Jailbreak process, your device will reboot few times but you don’t have to do anything. After the process is done, it will automatically ask you to unlock your device.
- Now comes the second phase of the process. When the first procedure is complete, you will get your device in normal state. Unlock it and in your app drawer, you will see Evasi0n7 app at the end. Tap on the app icon and your device will reboot once again for the very last time and after the restart is finished, the Jailbreak will be completed.
- Close the Evasi0n7 software and disconnect your device from the PC.
- Now, in order to verify that the Jailbreak iOS 7 was successful, look for the Cydia app installed on your device. If it is present, then it means that you have successfully jailbreaked your device. Go ahead and install tweaks from Cydia to your device.
Now if there is anything that goes wrong during the whole process like if you are stuck at the Apple Boot Logo, you don’t have to worry about it. If you have a backup of your data, then simply restoring your device will solve the issue. Download the firmware that your device has from flexiburn. Open iTunes, connect your device and go into DFU mode.
iTunes will detect your device to be in recovery mode, simply SHIFT+Click on Restore button in iTunes and select the downloaded firmware from your hard drive. Wait till it restores the firmware. After it is done, simply restore your backup data. This issue is said to be resolved in the latest version of Evasi0n7 software for Jailbreak iOS 7 devices but some users are still having issues with it. So don’t worry if you encounter any such issue, Evasi0n is already working on a fix for that.