How to install IIS on Windows Server 2012
Windows 2012 Server Manager
IIS is a common web server on Microsoft’s operating system. Today we present you a step by step guide on how to install IIS on Windows Server 2012. The following is pretty basic so feel free to add or remove features from basic installation.
IIS 8 Installation Guide for Windows Server 2012
Run Windows 2012 Server Manager from quick launch icons.
Server Manager Icon
- Click on Manage item menu and then select ‘Add Roles and Features’
Add roles and features
- Click next on the following ‘before you begin’ screen.
Before you begin
- On the following screen, select ‘Role based or feature based installation’.
Role Based Installation
- Select your server from the list (you may have more than one here, select appropriate IIS server).
Server selection screen
- On the following screen, check ‘Web Server (IIS)’ and on the next popup click on ‘Add features’ button.
Server roles selection IIS 8
- Here we decided to make a very basic installation so no other option were selected. You can however select additional IIS 8 features here, make sure you check each one of them.
IIS 8 Features
- Same here, select role you want and then click on ‘next’ button.
IIS 8 Role Services
- Installation is now in progress please wait until it finish.
IIS 8 Installation Progress
- To make sure IIS 8 is fully installed & running, open Internet Explorer and browse to the following address : http://localhost . You should see the following page :
Test IIS 8 installation with Internet Explorer
Congratulation you now have a fully working Windows 2012 Web server running!