Android is the top selling smart phone in the market. There are some features in android which are worth using, but these features are not so clear and easily accessible. In this tutorial, we are going to reveal some to these feature you must know about your device to do more with it.
Locate and Clear your lost phone
Losing your phone is the most unfortunate and bad thing to happen. Moreover, this is the device which contains lots of your personal data and sensitive information. In case your phone will get fall into the wrong hands it can create lots of problems and troubles for you. Fortunately, with android in hand you can locate your phone or even erase data on your phone from remote location. In order to that you need to have some apps pre-installed in your device before something unlucky will happen. Also, there is a built-in way to locate your phone and wipe your data remotely. In order to do that just follow these steps:
- Double check to make sure that your have ‘Android Device Manager’ Installed or not. If not install it from ‘Play Store’ now.
- Now navigate to here – Android Device Manager.
- Now select your device from the list, in case you have more than one device connected to your account.
- Now you can control your device from the available options – Ring, Lock and Erase.
NOTE: In order to perform these actions your device must have data enabled and to locate your device it has GPS enabled.
Seek through songs on the lock screen
With android you can navigate between various songs from the lock screen of your android device while listening to Music. Sometimes, you may want to seek within a song to particular duration of time. Fortunately, you can perform this action from lock screen as well. With this feature you do not need to bother about entering your pattern then using your music player to perform this task. It is quite easy to do but not an obvious feature. You can use this feature as follows:
- While playing using, long tap the control button.
- Now you can see the song scrubbing, seek your song to the desired time.
Adding widgets to the lock screen
According to android’s selling point of view, widgets play an important role. Some of you might love to add widgets to your Home Screen, but with Android 4 or higher, now you can add widgets even to the lock screen of your android device. In order to do this, you first need to enable this feature in the settings. Follow these steps to use this feature:
- Navigate to Settings > Security.
- Tap ‘Enable Widgets’.
- Now in your lock screen, swipe to the left to get access to the widgets screen
- Tap the ‘+’ to add widgets.
Turn of Auto Correction
Android’s auto-correction feature is worth while using various languages with their own fonts but when you use different languages, this feature will create lots of disturbance while typing by auto correcting different words. To do this one might have this feature disabled. In order to disable this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Language & Input
- Scroll down to KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS
- In this click in the settings icon in front of the ‘Google Keyboard’.
- Scroll down to ‘Auto Correction’. Uncheck this option.
Also, you can add words to dictionary, in order to do that simply long press the word while typing and choose ‘Add to Dictionary’. Next time you go to type it in, your phone will suggest the word after a few letters, saving your fingers a little bit of time.
Disable App Notifications
Some applications may provide lots of un useful notifications. You might want them to disable such notifications but these apps do not provide any such option to do that, Fortunately, you can hide app notifications from settings as well in order to do that, follow these steps:
- On any of your unwanted notifications in your notification bar, long press on the notification for a message box to appear.
- Tap on App Info > Uncheck Show Notifications > OK.
If you are travelling to a place with no cell services, don’t feel like you won’t get access to Google maps there. But with Android device in hands, you don’t need to worry about such situations.
Before leaving, open the area where you’re likely to go in Maps, and then type “Ok Maps” into the search box on the top of your Google Maps App. Maps will download that particular portion of the map, making it available even in places where cell and Wi-Fi service are not available.