Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 comes with a very new interface called : Metro UI. Everything is completely changed since Windows 7, so you need to learn how to do everything, even pretty basic things such like going to control panel or even how to shudown Windows 8. In this tutorial we will show you various ways how to shutdown Windows 8, from command prompt to interface shotcuts clicks.
Note that this tutorial has been done on Windows 8 but can and will also work on Microsoft’s newest OS update : Windows 8.1
Shutdown Windows 8 using command prompt
1. Boot Windows 8 and logon with your username.
2. Click on ‘Destkop’ icon on metro interface.
3. Right-click on bottom left corner and select ‘Run’ from contextual menu.
4. Input the following text in text field : ‘cmd’. Doing this will open command prompt.
5. To shutdown windows 8 you need to input the following command at prompt : shutdown /s /t 0
6. When you press ‘enter’, computer will automatically close everything and shutdown.
How to shutdown Windows 8 using sliding menu
1. Move your mouse to the top right corner to show sliding menu.
2. Select ‘settings’ menu from it.
3. In settings menu, select ‘Power’ button’.
4. From it, click on ‘Shutdown’ button if you want to shutdown your computer and ‘restart’ if you want to reboot.
5. Windows 8 will then be shutting down.
How to shutdown Windows 8 using SurfaceSoft application
1. Download SurfaceSoft’s Shutdown Win 8 app from following location : http://surfacesoft.com
2. Run setup file and select all default options. Do not forget to leave cheked following option : ‘Launch the program’.
3. Setup will create the following icon on your desktop. Also, when you double click on this icon, you will notice a similar shutdown screen to Windows XP’s.
4. When you select ‘shutdown’, Windows 8 operating system will shutdown.
5. There is also a shortcut in Metro UI that does the same thing.
Shutting down your computer on Windows 8 is not as intuitive as on earlier Microsoft’s operating systems. That’s why we had to show you how to shutdown windows 8 in a tutorial guide and various ways to do it.