Today we will teach you how to recover an unknown or lost password on the following version of Windows :
Recover Windows XP password
What we need ?
How to recover a Windows XP password
Boot onto Offline NT Password Recovery disc and press 'ENTER'.
Offline NT Bootscreen
Offline NT is booting
- On the first menu, press 'A' and then 'ENTER' to make it search available partitions.
Show all partitions
- If you only have one partition, just press enter, it will select it automatically. Otherwise, make sure you select the one with Windows XP installed on.
Select Windows Partition
- On the next screen, system will ask you where are registry files, just press 'ENTER' since it detect automatically its location. If you installed Windows on a different location, you need to specify it.
Select default path
- Here we now select to reset password action. Again this is default option, you just need to press 'ENTER'.
Password reset action
- Now, we chose to edit user data and password.
Edit User Data
- The system will now list all username available to alter on your system. Default is 'Administrator' account, one with highest privileges. You can select it, or type in another account.
Select windows username to reset
- We now have choice to input any password or simply blank it. I prefer to blank it since it avoid typo problems. Remember you can change it when you boot into windows.
Blank Windows XP Password
- When everything is done, you need to exit program and make sure you save changes to SAM.
Save and write changes to SAM
- Reboot your computer and enjoy administrative privileges :)
If you wonder how to recover windows 7 password or recover windows 8 password, just click on previous links.