We have previously posted a guide on how to play GBA on iOS device without jailbreak, but today we will show you how to play SNES on your iOS device. Though this need your device to be jailbroken, I haven’t found a way to do this like the GBA trick yet. This guide will be pretty straightforward and is done on a jailbroken iPad4.
Also, stay tuned on our blog in the following days we will be presenting your many more iOS guides and tutorials.
What you need
– a jailbroken iPad (any version)
– WiFi or cellular internet connection
How to do it
1. Open Cydia.
2. Tap on ‘Sources’ on bottom menu.
3. Tap on ‘Edit’ on the top right corner of the screen.
4. Tap ‘Add’ on top left corner of the screen and then input following address : http://ipadsystem.fr/cydia
Note : This is a french cydia repository but don’t worry most of applications are english language.
5. As this source is a non official Cydia source, you must accept it manually, tap on ‘Add anyway’.
6. Custom french repository will be installing. Cydia will be updating its source files with it.
7. You will now notice that ‘iPadSystem’ is now available in sources screen. You need to tap on it now.
8. You will now have access to all iPadSystem’s packages. Scroll down until you reach ‘SNES HD’ and tap on it.
9. Next step is to install SNES HD onto our jailbroken iPad, to do so, tap on ‘install’ button on top right corner.
10. Next screen confirm that you really want to download ‘SNES HD’ of 1.8mb size. Tap on ‘Confirm’ on top right corner.
11. Cydia will now be downloading ‘SNES HD’ onto your iOS device and install it on your device main screen.
12. Tap on ‘SNES HD’ icon to open emulator.
13. As soon as ‘SNES HD’ is started, you will notice that you can play with other player, just tap anywhere on the screen to cancel this.
14. To download ROMs, click on magnify icon on top and search for your ROMs on Google. Downloading them from there will make them available automatically in ‘SNES HD’.
With a jailbroken iOS device you can almost do anything that you can do on a computer, there are also multiple ways of doing so and multiple console emulator available on the internet. Also note that this tutorial is working on all iOS devices, that including iPhone and iPod Touch. We will show you other tutorials about this soon, stay tuned.