In this tutorial, we will be going to show you how to install GBA4iOS on your iOS device. GBA4iOS is a game emulator that lets you play even 2 decades old games on your iOS devices. Currently, GBA4iOS supports all old generation consoles including Game Boy Advance, Game Boy color, Nintendo, Comodore, SEGA, SONY Playstation and many more.
Of course everyone would love to play the hits of those generations including Super Mario, Street fighter, Pokemon and others but there was no way to play them on iOS devices. GBA4iOS, in this regard, is a great application/tool that allows you to live your fantasies once more and play these games on your iOS devices.
Installing and configuring GBA4iOS
Whatever you have to do, you will do it on your iOS device. There is no need to connect it to your PC. You don’t even need a JAILBREAK for this to work. Just connect your device to the internet and proceed. Here, we will be going to demo this whole procedure on an iPad.
- First of all, go to your device Settings. Under General Tab, choose Date & Time and change the date to any date before 19th February, 2014. You have to do this in order for GBA4iOS to work.
- Open Safari browser and type GBA4iOS. Choose Download in the first result that appears.
- When you select Download, you will be redirected straight to the GBA4iOS download page that will look like the one shown below.
- Scroll down and click on Download GBA4iOS 2.0.1 if you are on iOS 7. Scroll down more and click Download GBA4iOS 1.6.2 if you are on iOS 6 or earlier version. It will ask for your authentication. Just press Install.
- When the installation complete, click on the app and it will ask you to open the app. Click Continue.
When you open the app, this will be the first screen that you will see
- When you press on the Plus icon at the left side panel, located at the top, it will take you to games library. Choose any game you want from the library. When you open it, scroll down and you will see these options.
- If you press Save to Dropbox, it will ask you to insert your Dropbox credentials in a new window and then the game will be save there.
- If you select Download Now, it will download directly to your iOS device and show it in the left panel.
- Here we have downloaded Super Mario. As you can see it’s a Game Boy Color game so it looks like this.
- Now if you want to configure your GBA4iOS to use Dropbox for Sync, press Settings icon located at the top left corner. Scroll down and enable Dropbox Sync.
- It will ask for your email and password again.
- Just press Sign In after you are done and it will show you that Dropbox Sync is on.
Now when you open your Dropbox, you will see a folder named GBA4iOS that will have all the files in it.
Here is an image that shows what you get when you open Super Mario game.