Sometimes when you manage multiple users & computers you can’t remember all usernames on every workstation. Today we will show you how to display all usernames at logon on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
This is a quick and very easy tutorial and allow you to rollback when needed in one click on a mouse.
What you need
– Winaero’s mini app to enable display of all users at logon screen on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 : Download here.
How to enable it
1. First of all, I will show you how display is shown on default Windows 8. Latest user is displayed. In my case : admin
2. Download Winaero’s mini app to display all users at logon for Windows 8
3. Extract archive. You will now see two folders, select the one according to your computer architecture : x64 is for 64-bit computer and x86 is for 32-bit computer.
4. Run application inside folder.
5. You will get following screen. Click on ‘Enable user list’.
6. You can now close mini application and log off. You should see all enabled / valid users available on your system to log on. Note that this is only for local user. Active directory is not supported by this feature.
If you want to get rid of that tweak, simply run application and select ‘Reset to defaults’.