Clone your hard drive using Acronis True Image 2013 boot disc
Sometimes you do not want to loose a good system configuration but you have to change something. A good trick to this is to clone your hard drive to another backup drive. That way, if something goes wrong you can always revert operation by cloning back your backup drive to the original one.
Some people also use this method as a backup or archive policy from within their enterprise.
If you wonder how to get Acronis True Image 2013 boot disc, simply download trial version and then create a boot disc from it. Everything is available on their official website : http://acronis.com
How to clone hard drive using Acronis True Image 2013
- First step is to boot from Acronis True Image 2013’s disc. On the menu selection, select ‘True Image’ and press ‘Enter’.
Acronis Boot Screen
- Acronis is now booting (similar boot from linux flavour).
Acronis Booting like Linux
- From Acronis’ main menu, select ‘Tools & Utilities’.
Acronis Main Menu
- On the next screen, we must initialize our new hard drive so select ‘Add New Disk’.
Acronis Select New Disk
- Select new hard drive to initialize.
Acronis Disk Selection
- Select MBR as disk initialization method. Note here if you have a bigger disk than 2 TB you must then select GPT layout.
Acronis Disk initialization Method
- Your new disk is now created.
Disk is created
- Go back in ‘Tools & Utilities’ and select ‘Clone Disk’ menu.
Clone Disk Menu Selection
- Select ‘Manual’ as clone mode. This option will allow you to decide on various settings rather than automatic mode.
Acronis Clone Mode
- Select ‘Source Hard Drive’, it is the drive that you want to copy from.
Select Source Hard Drive
- Select ‘Destination Disk’, it is the drive that you want your data to be copied on (archive or backup disk).
Select Destination Disk
- Here we have the choice to expand partition to the maximum if disk is larger, and if you disk is a little bit smaller, it can shrink partition to fit. So, select ‘Proportional’ option here.
Data Moving Method
- Congratulation, your disk is now in process of cloning. This can take time here, be patient.
Disk Cloning in Progress
When the whole process is finished, you can remove backup disk from your computer and put it somewhere safe.