There are many media player available online, most of them are free and some of them are paid like divx player. In my humble opinion, you really don’t need to pay a dime when there are solutions such as GOM Player available for free. If you like to watch movies, tv series or anything like it on your computer, you need a good media player that supports all codecs, otherwise you will see a black screen and hear sound only which is not really the best.
Today we will show you how to download GOM Player and guide you through it’s major features. You also have to know that GOM Player is one of the most downloaded media player around with a total number of 50,000,000 downloads and counting!
Note : This guide is realized on Windows 7 64-bit.
Download GOM Player
– From their official website : http://www.gomlab.com/
GOM Player Installation Tips
1. Download Setup file from their official website and run it.
2. Most of free application come embedded with unwanted software, beware of what you accept. Here we uncheck AVG Toolbar installation.
3. You can click next on the following screens. At the end, it will ask you to download their media converter software which we don’t want. Click on ‘Cancel’.
GOM Player Tutorial
1. Click on GOM Player icon from your desktop to run it for the first time.
2. First screen will ask you for basic setup. Depending on your screen quality, computer performance and desired resolution select which option is right for you.
3. Next you will notice GOM Player will start right away!
4. To open a video file, simply right-click on the screen and select ‘Open File’.
5. Any video should now play correctly as all default codecs come pre-installed in GOM Player. If you don’t have it, setup will ask you to download it so it’s easy as pie!
Not many free media player offer you to download required codec on purpose, GOM Player do. Remember to always double check each screen when installing free software as they tend to offer bundled unwanted apps.