Having backup is one of the most important and simple thing around. Most of people don’t bother to elaborate a backup strategy at home since they think their computer is unbreakable. These days, almost everyone is stocking their family pictures, work documents, personal finance on their computer. What if you loose it all? You need to take a few minutes for a backup strategy.
Today, TechSultan will show you one of many free Windows 8 Backup Software, we will also detail step-by-step on how to backup your whole system and make sure you will never loose your precious files.
What you need :
– External (or internal) backup drive.
– AOMEI Backupper from official website ( http://www.backup-utility.com/free-backup-software.html )
*note* : There are 2 available version on their website. 60mb version support Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 while 20mb version support only version from Windows 7 and up.
Windows 8 Backup Tutorial using AOMEI Backupper
1. Download AOMEi Backupper from their official website.
2. Launch installer and select default options.
3. Launch AOMEI Backupper from icon on desktop.
4. From AOMEI Backupper welcome screen, select ‘Backup’ from left menu and then click on ‘Disk Backup’.
5. Next, you need to select which disk you would like to backup : click ‘step 1′, select disk and click ‘add’.
6. Next step is to select where you would like your backup to be copied. Click on ‘Step 2′ and select your external hard drive.
7. You can also schedule your backup to make them automatic, click on checkbox ‘Schedule Off’.
8. Scheduled backup can occur whenever you want, select the period you prefer.
9. As soon as everything has been set, you can click on ‘Backup Now’ button and software will start first backup automatically.
Extra features and settings
1. Click on ‘settings’ on the top of the screen.
2. We will show you 2 useful features here, first is compression. Compression help backup take less space on hard disk, but it takes longer time. Use better compression if you lack disk space.
3. Second extra feature is ‘splitting’. Splitting is useful if you want to archive backups on external media such as CDs and DVDs.
AOMEi Backupper is a very good backup software for Windows 8, well in fact it is good for almost ALL windows version since XP. A backup is something you must do and also, make sure that your backup files are valid.