Some windows glitches are not easy to describe or understand. Sometimes when you are seeking for help to fix an issue you are not so sure on how and where to start. Today we will help you fix non-critical but annoying menu select item stuck on screen after context. If you don’t know how to fix this, you might need to reboot your computer everytime it happens but with our fixes it will take a second or two.
How to fix menu item stuck on screen
A. Kill Windows Manager task to it can restart by itself.
1. From start menu, input ‘cmd’ to launch command prompt.
2. From command prompt, input the following command to kill Windows Manager (it will automatically restart) : tskill dwm
B. Restart Windows Manager Service
1. From start menu, input ‘services’ to launch windows services manager.
2. Select ‘Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager’ and then right-click and select ‘restart’.
Permanent fix ?
1. From windows Control Panel, select ‘system’.
2. Select ‘Advanced System Settings’ from left pane.
3. Click ‘Settings’ button from Performance area.
4. Uncheck ‘Fade out menu items after clicking’ box and then click on ‘apply’. This might require a reboot to take effect.