After days, weeks, months it can get annoying seeing the same background over and over. Today we will show you a tip on how to change your default lock screen wallpaper on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 This tweak involve playing in Windows registry files. If you are uncomfortable playing with this, we wrote a little registry file that does it all for you. Only thing you will need to do is change wallpaper image path.
What you need
– Automatic Tweak Reg File (if you don’t want to play with registry) : Download here.
– Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
How to do it
1. Open registry editor. Shortcut is : Windows Key + R and input the following text ‘regedit’.
2. Browse to the following key tree : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Windows
3. You notice on previous screen that ‘Personalization’ key is not there. What you have to do is to manually create it (again our downloadable registry file on top of page does it all for you). To do it : right-click on ‘Windows’ and select ‘New’ and then ‘Key’.
4. Name the previous key ‘Personalization’ as shown on the next screen.
5. Our next step is to create value for the previous key. We right-click in right blank area and select ‘New’ and then ‘String Value’.
6. Now we have to name it, we will name it ‘LockScreenImage’.
7. Next step, is double-clicking it and input wallpaper image path from your computer.
8. Reboot and see change of lock screen background.
Playing with registry is not something easy to do. You need to know what you do and make sure you do no mistake. Also, always make sure to backup your registry before playing in it.